Saturday, December 10, 2011

Virtual Stamp Night over at Splitcoast Stampers!

It started yesterday and continues on through the night tonight. Check this LINK if you'd like to see the challenges. There will be prizes and it's so much fun to play along. Plus, although the idea is that you try to keep your creation time to 45 minutes per challenge, you have until Monday 10pm EST to link in any creations....

I hosted the challenge called DEC11VSNK. It's asking you to create a telescoping card. Here's the LINK to my challenge. Once there, I even give you a link to Beate's telescoping tutorial so if you don't know how to make this kind of card, here's your chance. And here's the card I created as a sample. This cute snowman starts out folded up on the easel card...


...then a pull of his hat and there he is in all his snowy glory. The sentiment stamps and that little cutie patootie snowman came from Unity's November '10 Kit of the Month (Picture Perfect) and December '10 KOTM (Just Be You).


I've also had a chance to play along with a couple of the other challenges so far.

Here's DEC11VSNA which asked us to portray a warm and fuzzy theme. Lydia (over at Understandblue) is the hostess of the challenge and she actually created (and sells) the cat stamp that I used so it's a little joke for her that I used her kitty on the card. *smile*


Then I got to make a card for DEC11VSNB which asked us to use a snowflake somewhere. I've got them on the patterned paper and in my little Paper Smooches bear's word bubble. The bear comes from PS's Chubby Chums Pals set (love it) and the word bubble is from a stamp and die set called Say What?  by My Favorite Things. That luscious Maraschino bakers twine is from The Twinery.



Tomorrow I hope to play along with a few more challenges, so check back then to see if I have more to show you and consider joining in!

*smile*

Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)

2 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

OMG these are awesome!!

I DON'T think I have to tell you which is my fave!!!!!

farmhouse-story said...

what a fab idea for the snowman!! you are so clever!