Friday, February 8, 2013

Always late, but worth the wait

I saw this on a magnet once, so I had to buy it as a constant reminder that my heart may be in the right place sometimes... it just gets there a little late. Hee hee.

Which brings me to one of the few recent cards I've made at home. I told you that I'm working for EK Success on their Creative Artist Team, so I'm working on projects when I'm there. Doesn't leave much time or energy for other crafting, but when there is an event that can't go without a card, I put it in overdrive.

Such an event was my son's girlfriend's 22nd birthday. Sent it a day late but I like to think about another quote I found: "The deadline is the greatest inspiration." I believe that I wouldn't have made this card if I'd had more time because the theme is the lateness. Ha.



I used Paper Smooches' turtle from Party Posse (I have to tell you that it is one of a few that have been pre-stamped, pre-cut and pre-colored and are sitting in a little stash for just this purpose.) He's sitting on the latest card sketch #158 from Operation Write Home. (Sketches are another life saver when you're in a hurry.) The sentiment is from a Dollar Store stamp. (Those little impulse buys come in handy, too.) Oh and those cute little birdies are my absolute favorite stamp from a Unity kit. They never fail to make me smile. Lastly, the wonderful papers are from DCWV's Playtime stack.

I have Mr. Turtle pulling a wagon with the sentiment on the inside. The wheels are from my numbers stash. Cute, huh?

Thanks for dropping by. We are experiencing a blizzard here in the Northeast today and I'm hankering for a little crafting on this cozy day, so maybe the next post won't be so far off.

Oh and I just discovered an iPhone app called Vine. Have you? I don't have an iPhone yet, but I got the app on my iPad. Unfortuantely, it doesn't have a camera so I can't play along yet but it is fun to see this new 6 second video sensation. Check out Claudine Hellmuth's videos. So cute!

Til next time, *smile*

6 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

So adorable. LOVE the twine and the wagon thing you did here. And you get to craft all day and GET PAID FOR IT! So jealous.

Leslie Hanna said...

PS: I might have that stamp made and use it on the back of all my belated cards. HA!

Dianne said...

such an adorable card! really like the interactive aspect of the string...so cute!

Susanne said...

Cute without question! That turtle has so much personality that he must have a name. What is it?

Jeanna said...

I love the little turtle! I am notorious for belated birthday cards...I may have to take some inspiration from you. And thanks for the app tip.
P.S. I have "nominated" you for a Liebster Award. It's just for fun, but wanted to recognize how much your followers appreciate your blog. :D

Anonymous said...

Cindy - this is totally (turtely) adorable! I love this card! So creative and clever...not to mention cute! XOXO