Friday, December 12, 2014

Holiday Card Step Out


Hi there! I've been churning away on Instagram (@scrapcollectr there). It's my way of mini blogging daily. But today, I wanted to share a quick visual of a simple holiday card I made which incorporates the revival of shaker cards.

I happen to still have some cute little shaker cups from Stampin Up that coordinate with some of their stamp sets so I brought them out to save me making my own shaker box.

Step 1: Stamp the snowglobe (Sweet Snowglobe from Stampin Up) in navy and red. Color the trees green before and after stamping. The add more color to the house and door.



Step 2: Cut a patterned mat for your folded card and position the 1-3/4" circle punch over the top and punch.


Step 3: So that this is the result. A hole through both layers.


Step 4: Punch the snowglobe with the same circle punch and glue it down to the inside of the card using the hole as a guide. Cut out the red stamped base and glue down to front of card.


Step 5: You could also glue down a red base on the inside of the card, but you'll see that I changed that later. Add a small amount of beads and glass glitter (Stampin Up) to the shaker cup. I used Wink of Stella markers to add a little shine to snow on the image.


Step 6: I colored up the scarf of a mini snowman and matted the mini greeting with silver paper. (Both from SU's Happy Winter, I think.) Made a quick bow with some ribbon I got with a recent present.


Step 7: A quick look inside the card. I cut another patterned paper to cover the shaker box edges. Oh by the way, the shaker has adhesive on the edges so you just position it upside down in the hole of the card front and close the card to adhere it without losing your beads and glitter.


Step 8: Finished card with a little bling at the corners!



I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
Love,







1 comment:

Leslie Hanna said...

These are SO cute! I never embraced my SU circle jobbies. I wonder if I still have a few stashed somewhere. Hmmmm...

Good to see you back in Blogland!