Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Get Well Balloons

While all the crafty stuff was out, I put together a card for a friend who's been in the hospital and is now, thankfully, heading home.

I've wanted to do something special with this Mama Elephant Balloon Letters stamp set so this seemed the perfect time. Only thing I didn't think ahead was wanting to fussy cut all the letters and for this card that meant 11 letters! Then, I had to attach a red thread to every letter to make them more balloon-like. That was a fun exercise in fine-motor activity especially when they all wanted to stick to each other. Lol. But a little patience was all that was needed.

I used a cute boy image from the Mama Elephant In My Heart stamp set. (I added pig tails by hand because I wanted it to look like a girl, since I'm sending the card and this image has his hand out.)
I used Stampin Up markers to stamp the balloons but colored the girl with Copics.

Lastly, I wanted a cute background, so I took out an old 12x12 golf calendar and cut out an outdoor scene.
Thanks for visiting. Off to put this on Instagram and Twitter (@scrapcollectr) then mail it to my friend. Have a crafty day!


No comments: