Thursday, January 29, 2015

Yarn and Never Ending Card Fun

Good morning,
We braced ourselves for the wrath of Winter Storm Juno but our forecasted 12-18 inches in Northern NJ turned into 4 inches. My heart goes out to those that the forecast was spot on up in Northern New England.
I sat by a fire and watched for the blizzard all while working on another spring-y cowl for my mom. I got through the entire skein of this super bulky Loops & Threads yarn with a Bobble Leaves pattern from Love of Crochet magazine. The yarn color was coincidentally was called Lightening (yes, it does have the "e" in it.) Unfortunately, another skein is needed to finish it, so shopping I must go.


As for the never ending card.... I've memorized the steps to make one from the directions over at Splitcoaststampers.com  If you're interested, once at the site, go to Tutorials, then search for "never ending card." In fact, here is a link to shortcut that for you. Be patient. You'll see the dimensions repeating themselves and if you practice enough, you'll get used to making this type of card. It really lights up the face of the recipient. That's why I make so many of them! *smile*

This one is for a friend. I used K&Co papers, Once the card is complete, I usually go back with fun alpha stickers and add my greeting, the person's name and a handwritten note on the fourth panel. I try to keep that panel light colored and in this case with a lined pattern to make it easier to write on.

Here are the four sides of the card.




I hope you consider trying this cool card design. Let me know. I'd love to see your take on it!
Have a crafty day,
 *smile*

No comments: